The Queensland Government has developed a consistent user experience standard, which is used on all government websites.
The purpose of the standard is to ensure that visitors:
- can find the information they need quickly and easily
- do not have to learn new navigation methods when using different agency sites
- can move from one site to another with familiarity.
To make this consistent experience a reality, the standard requires that:
- agency web pages are laid out consistently, with elements such as the navigation, search button and agency name always in the same place
- navigation is based on what visitors are likely to be looking for, rather than on how departments are organised
- the underlying techniques used to create the pages ensure they are accessible to as many people as possible.