Lodging a claim
- Complete as much of the claim form as you possibly can (including reporting the accident to police and getting your doctor to complete the medical certificate). Follow the advice on the how to claim page.
Communicating with the insurer
- Obtain the name and contact details of the person at the insurer who is responsible for your claim.
- Let the insurer know the best way to contact you e.g. mobile number, email or letter.
- Read everything the insurer sends you and contact the insurer if you don’t understand.
- Refer to your claim number when communicating with the insurer.
- Let the insurer know of changes to your circumstances – for example, if you change your contact details, move address, or if you change or stop your work.
Rehabilitation and recovery
- Advise the insurer if you need any treatment or rehabilitation.
- To ensure rehabilitation costs will be covered, seek pre-approval from the insurer.
- Be active in your recovery – participate in recommended rehabilitation and return to work as soon as you are able.
- Forward original receipts (e.g. for rehabilitation) that you would like reimbursed to the insurer for their consideration, and keep a copy for your own records.
Settling a claim
- Discuss any queries or concerns with the CTP insurer.
- You can also call the Enquiries Line on 1300 302 568 for assistance with general queries on the CTP scheme and claims process. Please note that the helpline officer does not provide legal advice on your claim.