CTP insurance for unregistered vehicles

When moving an unregistered vehicle, motorcycle, trailer or caravan on Queensland roads, you may need to get an:

  • unregistered vehicle permit, AND
  • CTP insurance certificate for vehicle class 22.

You can organise both online through the Department of Transport and Main Roads. Visit their unregistered vehicle permit page.

To check how much your CTP insurance will cost, visit our CTP premium calculator.

Last modified 11 November 2021


Got a minute?

We'd love your feedback on our virtual assistant.

Start survey

No thanks

Hello, I'm Andi. I'm here to help you with your CTP related enquiries.